We’re always on the lookout for talent.
LAT Creative is currently on the lookout for two interns – a Communications/PR Intern and a Graphic Design Intern. Both will work directly with agency principal Lynne Takacs to provide support in developing campaigns for a variety of clients that range from private and publicly held firms to local non-profits.
Here’s what you can expect:
- To work on projects that will be seen. From social media to billboards and event collateral, folks in the Big Bend Region and beyond will view the work you will assist with.
- To work on projects that matter. Helping great causes is important at LAT Creative and one of the ways we give back is by assisting several local nonprofits in messaging and design. From getting the word out about local human service agencies to trying to end pet overpopulation, the chance to make a difference in our community is alive and well at this firm.
- Mentoring. A teacher at heart, Lynne Takacs is committed to making internships a win-win. With learning being the main goal of an internship, you can expect that your first drafts will require edits. However, you can also expect to be told why and shown examples of what works and what doesn’t in the real world. In addition to sharpening your skills, you can also expect to learn how to apply the creative process to real life while meeting the needs and expectations of a variety of clients.
- A stipend. Your time matters to me. You can expect to receive a stipend at the end of the semester.
Here’s what I expect:
- Candidates should be studying public relations, advertising or a related subject and share the goal of mastering the economy of words.
- Candidates should have an eye for detail and grammar and feel comfortable in writing in a variety of styles. Examples include: social media posts, blogs, website content, press releases and human interest stories.
Graphic Design Intern:
- Candidates should be studying graphic design or a related subject and be proficient in using InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Candidates should have an eye for detail and an unabashed love for white space. No matter the project, clean design should always be their goal.
- Should understand the importance of deadlines and possess a teachable spirit.
- Be creative and have a natural inclination to bring ideas to the table.
- If you’re interested, email us your resume along with a url or PDF (no larger than 3MB) of work samples. Please do not call us about open positions. We will contact candidates whose skills and experience meet our needs. Should submit their resume and design portfolio/samples to Interns@LATcreative.com.